The Pwnie Awards is an annual awards ceremony celebrating the achievements and failures of security researchers and the security community.
The awards are given out once an year. The annual ceremony will take place on August 8th, 2018 in Las Vegas at the BlackHat USA security conference.
In 2019, there will be 10 award categories:
- Pwnie for Best Server-Side Bug:
- Pwnie for Best Client-Side Bug:
- Pwnie for Best Privilege Escalation Bug:
- Pwnie for Best Cryptographic Attack:
- Pwnie for Most Innovative Research:
- Pwnie For Lamest Vendor Response:
- Pwnie For Most Over-Hyped Bug:
- Pwnie for Most Epic Fail
- NEW! Pwnie for Most Under-hyped Research
- NEW! Pwnie for Epic Achievement
The Pwnie Awards will accept nominations for bugs disclosed over the last year, from June 1, 2018 to May 31, 2019.</p>
Nominations will be accepted through June 22. The top five nominees in each category will be announced on the website and the judges will gather at an undisclosed location to vote on the winners. The judges are of course disqualified from winning any Pwnie awards.
The Pwnie Award nominations will be judged by a panel of respected security researchers - the closest to a jury of peers a hacker is likely to ever get.
The Pwnie Awards thank BlackHat for providing a venue for the awards ceremony. Please inquire below for other sponsorship opportunities, but keep in mind that sponsoring the awards will have no influence of the judges, but we will gladly take your money and spend it on things that we shouldn’t.
To contact the Pwnie Awards organizers, email us at [email protected]